|Pork Loin Apricot Vindaloo|
|Serving Size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep Time:||30 mins|
|Total Time:||1 hour|
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION510 Calories; 44 g Carbohydrates; 21 g Fat; 5 g Saturated Fat; 35 g Protein; N/A Cholesterol; 5 g Fiber; N/A Potassium; 490 mg Sodium; N/A Added Sugars
2 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
1/2 cup Water
Sweet & Spicy Indian BBQ Sauce:
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 ea Minced Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger Root, Minced
1 Tbsp No Salt Added Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp, 1 tsp Dark Brown Sugar
3 oz Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Madras Style Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Apricot-Vindaloo Pork Loin:
1 lb Boneless Pork Loin
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 ea Fresh Apricots
Spinach Chickpea Sauté:
1 ea Minced Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 tsp Canola Oil
3/4 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
8 oz Baby Spinach
1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans, Drained and Rinsed
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Sweet & Spicy Indian BBQ Sauce: Sweat garlic and ginger in olive oil on medium flame. Allow garlic to become fragrant. Lower flame and add tomato paste. Sauté tomato paste for 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk in vinegar, brown sugar and Greek yogurt. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Season sauce with salt, pepper, curry, cayenne and masala. Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes or until sauce has reduced by half.
2. Apricot-Vindaloo Pork Loin: Preheat grill. Cut pork loin into 1/2” slices. Season pork with pepper, lemon pepper and olive oil. Grill each slice for 5 minutes on each side or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 165F for at least 15 seconds. Thoroughly wash apricots, deseed and cut in half. Brush apricots with olive oil and place on grill, cut side down. Grill until they are charred, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the apricots, grill until they are bubbling around the edges and skin softens, about 2 minutes.
Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Cut apricots into slices.
3. Spinach Chickpea Sauté: In a large sauté pan, sweat garlic and thyme in oil. Add chickpeas. Sauté for a few minutes. Add spinach. Lower flame and sauté spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat water in a large sauté pan over a high flame. After 30 seconds, add spinach and chickpea mixture. Pan steam for 30 seconds. Add grilled pork and apricots. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Remove lid.
5. To serve, place spinach chickpea sauté, pork and sliced apricots on top of the rice. Top with Indian BBQ sauce. Serve immediately
|Tips & Notes|